Innovators by Tradition
The plus sign in the logo symbolises the Swiss quality and reliability Tissot has shown since 1853. The watches, sold in more than 160 countries, are authentic, accessible and use special materials, advanced functionalities and meticulous design.
In 1853, Charles-Félicien Tissot, a gold case-fitter, and his son Charles-Émile, a watchmaker, joined forces to found the "Charles-Félicien Tissot & Son" assembly shop in Le Locle, Switzerland.
The Tissot catalogue included a large range of pocket watches and pendant watches, mostly in gold, richly decorated or with complications. Their quality was widely recognised at national and international exhibitions as well as at chronometry competitions.
Mainly destined for export, Tissot watches were sold in the United States from 1853, and in the Russian Empire from 1858. Until the beginning of the October Revolution in 1917, the Russian Empire was Tissot's biggest market, where Tissot timepieces made it as far as the Tsar's court.
As sports evolve, so do we
It has been a passion since our very beginnings. However, we always wanted to be more than just a sponsor; Tissot wanted to be a part of the game by doing what it does best – timekeeping. In addition to being a natural vector for communication, reaching a large number of people through an exciting and emotional medium, timekeeping is also a way to stay on top in terms of technology.
Tissot strives for better performance, dedicating itself to the search for new technologies in order to deliver more accurate results every time it steps into the sporting arena. Thanks to this dedication, Tissot is now a trusted Official Timekeeper and partner of many of the most important sporting events and disciplines around the world.